Focus problems after GNOME update

Tue Nov 8 01:34:04 PST 2005

Hi,

after the update to 2.12 I restarted gdm and logged in. I'm using sawfish
instead of metacity. At first it was nice, but then I noticed that there's a
problem with the focus (I think).

The problem: when I click with a mouse button in some gtk widgets (for
example changing some GNOME settings), I'm not able anymore to change
anything after one or two clicks. The clicks doesn't seem to reach the
window anymore and the focus doesn't follows the mouse. Keyboard input still
goes to the window with the focus. When I switch to another desktop I can do
1-2 clicks again, but then I have to change to another virtual desktop
again.

I just noticed this yesterday in the evening and didn't do anything after
noticing it. Did someone else notice the same behavior?

Doing the ovious -- switching to metacity, moving the configuration somewhere
else to start with a clean desktop-config, looking for dependencies which
where forgotten to be rebuild -- is on my TODO list.

Bye,
Alexander.

Tout choses sont dites deja, mais comme
personne n'ecoute, il faut toujours recommencer.
		-- A. Gide