A few suggestions

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Sat Nov 5 04:17:15 PST 2005

While performing my upgrade to gnome 2.12.1, I noticed that in the FAQ
there is a mention of using cvsup for updating the ports tree. Perhaps
we could add a mention of portsnap as well, now that it is in the base
system.

On another note, I've been using a few FreeBSD-specific gnome/gtk apps
that improve the usability of the system and the integration with the
desktop environment, like sysutils/thefish, sysutils/gtk-send-pr and
even sysutils/bpm. The thing is, someone who hasn't been using FreeBSD
for a long time, is unlikely to be aware of their existence. If they
could be included in gnome2-power-tools or somesuch
(gnome2-freebsd-tools, gnome2-system-tools?), chances are they could be
spotted more easily. I suspect there might be others among the 13000
ports I haven't discovered yet and I personally have some plans for some
new ones. It would be nice if there could be a metaport to host them all.

Regards,
Panagiotis