(u)ral0 wireless signal strengths

Alistair Sutton alistair.sutton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:39:28 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'd like to have the signal strength (u)ral based cards so that I can
see it from my panel. I can use ifconfig to change the name of the
interface to ath0 and get the strength this way but as mentioned in
some of the mailing list archives this is a bit hacky ;-)

Can anyone suggest whereabouts in the gnomenetstatus applet I should
start looking in order to get (u)ral devices recognised automatically?

Note: I'm not experienced at all with any form of GNOME hacking but I
thought I'd at least give it a try before jumping up and down and
demanding that someone else do it for me ;-)

Cheers

Al
--
LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/everlone