Linux DC++ port created, want test or help?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Jun 23 18:36:46 GMT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:27:41 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a linuxdcpp port, it has some stability problems but runs
> pretty well so far. It uses GTK2 and libglade2 stuff. It won't be in
> ports tree for a while until the author makes the decision for change
> name or not and when tarball is released. Also, it's not very active
> project but update depend on like two to five times in weeks or a month.
> I have created a tarball with date for version when I checkout from CVS
> and put it in my freefall space.
>
> WWW: http://linuxdcpp.berlios.de/
> Screenshot: http://img26.echo.cx/my.php?image=dcpp15gc.jpg
> Port: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/shar/linuxdcpp.shar (binary is
> dcpp, btw)

I have bumped PORTREVISION, be sure to remove your old linuxdcpp and let
new linuxdcpp.shar to create a new one.

> As for FreeBSD 4.x user, I wouldn't be surprised if it will need to add
> USE_GCC=3.4 in Makefile. Maybe not, but don't report to me unless you
> are going to bother create a patch. Anyway...here are more info:
>
> 1) I disabled the BinReloc (prefix.cc and prefix.hh) stuff complete.
> BinReloc needs to die. However, I replaced all of those to DATADIR path.
>
> 2) I had to disable atomic, because it wouldn't compile. If anyone know
> how to patch it, please feel free to do it and send it to me. It's small
> and is in ${WRKSRC}/client/Thread.h .

Done, fixed and enable. Few people in #freebsd-gnome (IRC) have helped me
until jylefort has helped me in the final stage that works very well.

> 3) It doesn't respect the PTHREAD_CFLAGS and PTHREAD_LIBS, I am not sure
> how to do with scons yet.

I think I am going to disable the auto-check of pthread and enable it by
default with respect PTHREAD_CFLAGS and PTHREAD_LIBS. I will think about
it later and try to google to get more info about scons.

> 4) I renamed all from PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_MUTEX_INITIALIZER_NP to
> PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER to get it compiles. I don't remember what's
> right way to do it, but I will checking in mplayer-plugins or some other
> port that I don't remember what I did. If it's right, then it's great.

I found, it was in mplayer-plugins. Here's url what marcus has done to it.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/mplayer-plugin/files/Attic/patch-Source_mplayerplug-in.c?rev=1.6

I don't know if I should do it too, since linuxdcpp works very well so far
with just rename. I don't know what matter. :-)

> 5) I hope, I did it right for FD_SETSIZE stuff. files/patch-config.h
>
> 6) Sometimes it would get disconnect for no reason, but it will
> auto-connect by itself. Maybe Linux has the same problem.

Seem fixed with the atomic enable. I have connected five different hubs
for many hours without get disconnect.

> 7) I think, the hash is slow. Maybe Linux has the same problem.
>
> I think, that's all for now. Have fun!
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team