firefox 1.0.4 compilation failure

Alistair Sutton alistair.sutton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:47:10 GMT 2005

On 6/17/05, Vladimir Kotal <vladimir.kotal at col.cz> wrote:
> > What version of GNOME are you running? It may be worth getting and
> > running gnome_upgrade.sh and leaving it to do the whole upgrade. That
> > should fix any ports that are still linked to the old glib library.
> >

> Well, I'm not running gnome, I'm using x11-wm/pwm.

Apologies for the assumption. :-)

> The failure was caused by old libIDL package - when compilation of this
> port failed, I've installed libIDL binary pkg from ftp.freebsd.org which
> caused the last firefox compilation failure.
>
> After deinstalling and recompiling libIDL (after recompiling bison,
> because this was the reason why libIDL compilation failed),
> firefox-1.0.4,1 compilation went fine.

I suppose that makes sense when looking back at the error.

Happens to us all.

Firefox crashes for me with a missing symbol in libpthread.so.1
whenever I try and view a particular website. Something somewhere
needs recompiling due to a recent upgrade from 5.x to 6-CURRENT but
I've not tracked it down yet.

> and thanks for the pieces of advice,

Not a problem, sorry it didn't help much :-)

Al
--
LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/everlone
GPG/PGP: http://www.no-dns-yet.org.uk/~everlone/pubkey.gpg