gnome-config not found (not pkg-config!)

David Morse dcmorse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 03:17:06 GMT 2005

I'm porting an older gnome application to FreeBSD.  It was written in 2001.

I'm new to FreeBSD as of yesterday.  I haven't figured out how to ask
it 'what pakgage has a file name gnome-config'.  And despite having an
apperantly working gnome installation, there is no file named
'gnome-config' anywhere on this system...

It looks like pkg-config is the latter-day gnome-config, but its not
obvious how to translate the arguments between them.  The usages I
need are:
  gnome-config --cflags gnome gnomeui
  gnome-config --cflags gnomeui
  gnome-config --libs gnome gnomeui