gedit and scrollkeeper problems on 4.11 system
Joe Marcus Clarke
marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 14 12:16:19 PST 2005
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Kevin Oberman wrote:
|>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:08:10 -0500
|>From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
|>
|>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
|>Hash: SHA1
|>
|>Kevin Oberman wrote:
|>| I am unable to update gedit and seem to have messed up scrollkeeper.
|>|
|>| The system is running 4.11-stable and all ports are updated regularly. I
|>| have tried updating to gedit-2.8.2_1 to 2.8.3 and failed to get it to
|>| install properly.
|>|
|>| The first issue is that in help/C has:
|>| for file in gedit-C.omf; do \
|>| install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 $file.out
|>/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/omf/gedit/$file; \
|>| done
|>|
|>| While gedit-C.omf is there, I don't have a gedit-C.omf.out, so the
|>| script fails. portupgrade then starts re-installing the old
|>| version. Then the REALLY scarry thing happens:
|>| ---> Restoring the old version
|>| update-desktop-database: not found
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|>|
|>| All of the segmentation faults are in scrollkeeper. This is where I
|>| really get worried. I really don't want to re-install all of Gnome,
|>| especially when 2.10 is so close and that will force a complete Gnome
|>| rebuild.
|>|
|>| Any ideas what went wrong here?
|>
|>Good be a problem with your libxslt installation. IT may also be a
|>problem with scrollkeeper itself. What happens if you rebuild both of
|>those ports?
|
|
| Well, it's a bit deeper down the tree than that. I re-installed libxslt,
| but scrollkeeper fails to configure as it can't find its DTD. I'm still
| trying to figure out what I need to install to fix that. I've tried all
| of the docbook ports as well as sdocbook-xml, p5-XML-Parse, and
| xmlcatmgr. Still no joy. :-(
|
| Any idea how to get the DTD back or am I facing a major re-install of
| the whole thing?
Which DTD is missing?
Joe
- --
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team :: gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
iD8DBQFCEQcQb2iPiv4Uz4cRAmI9AJ9SIkMvCp1bOBW0GKVbLZ65aAtzTwCfUnWQ
yTaLAYBBuxYev+1jBzJHbmQ=
=9Zoh
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the freebsd-gnome
mailing list