gnome-pilot2 crashes

Roland van Laar the_mip_rvl at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 12 15:26:33 PST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to sync my palm handheld, visor, with evolution;
am running 5.3-RELEASE-P5. With ports of this week.
uvisor kernel module is loaded during the boot process,
and the pda comes up as ucom0. ucom0 comes up as crw-rw---- 1 uucp
dialer, I am a member of the group dialer.

I installed through ports pilot-link, gnomepilot2 and
gnomepilot-conduits2. Using the following command I can connect to the
pda and succesfully make a backup:
$pilot-xfer -p /dev/ucom0 -b pilot/

When I start evolution-> tools -> Pilot settings for the first time I
get the configure section. when I get to "Pilot Identification" and
press forward I get """The Application "gpilotd" has quit
unexpectedly""".
When I start gpilotd-control-applet with a terminal I get this message
(see bottom e-mail)

I recieve the same error on two FreeBSD systems, both with a recent
updated ports. I also googled and found nothing about how to resolve
this crashing problem.

regards,

Roland van Laar

** Message: Pilot name -> MyPilot
** Message: Pilot id   -> 1001
** Message: Pilot username -> Roland van Laar
** Message: Pilot creation/rom = 0/0
** Message: Cradle Type -> USB
** Message: cradle device name -> Cradle
** Message: cradle device name -> /dev/ucom0
** Message: Pilot Speed  -> 57600
** Message: Timeout -> 2
gpilotd-Message: Activating object OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon
** Message: pilot = MyPilot

(gpilotd-control-applet:702): gpilotd-WARNING **:
gnome-pilot-client.gob:523: Ca
ught exception: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

(gpilotd-control-applet:702): gpilotd-WARNING **:
gnome-pilot-client.gob:579: Ca