some more patches for firefox

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Aug 15 21:50:59 GMT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:09:07 -0500, Mikhail Teterin
<mi at corbulon.video-collage.com> wrote:

>> > I'm also fixing a handful of warnings, but firefox still hangs on
>> > occasion and, in light of my earlier e-mail (viz. Deer Park) it,
>> > probably, makes little sense to pursue it.
>>
>> If you are insteresting to fix the warnings and other stuff, then can
>> you please submit those patches to the Mozilla bugzilla?
>
> Of course! I tried, but Mozilla is profoundly NOT interested in
> (non-security) patches for firefox. They consider firefox-1.x to
> be obsolete and ask for patches against the trunk of their CVS
> tree.

Ok, I am letting those patches for my team to view. I will split your huge
patch like one is external dependencies, java and portlint. The another
one is with full of patches of warnings and bug fixes. Easier to follow up
in CVS history and team to review.

Can you explain each patches like what they fix or what they are for
beside those patch-warnings*? So far from what I understand:

patch-warnings* = Fix the warnings.
patch-bugzilla243151 = covered by visit bugzilla.
patch-gfx-src-gtk-Makefile.in = for nspr
patch-jsosdep = #elif defined(FREEBSD) not work?
patch-libm = get it to use system's libm
patch-libreg = ???
patch-liveconnect = for amd64 fix??
patch-oji-threads = ???
patch-sysnss = for nss
patch-xptcinvoke_x86_64_linux = for amd64?

>> I'll trying to merge with your new change tomorrow or next day. I
>> haven't
>> check as I have arrived home this evening.
>>
>> BTW: I also fixed Liferea with your firefox patch to get Liferea
>> compiles.
>> The rest GNOME 2.11.x can compile your firefox just fine so far.
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/liferea.diff
>
> Thank you. Firefox seems to work for me now -- as long as I don't try to
> install the Forecastfox extension, that is.

I have updated firefox patch (not split yet). I merged with your new patch
with mine, then created a diff against MarcusCom CVS (ports-stable
module)'s firefox. Mine is just fix firefox-config and *.pc for nspr stuff
to allow other apps to get compile with firefox/nspr.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/firefox.diff

I tested with vlc-devel's mozilla plugins, liferea (need liferea.diff) and
full GNOME 2.11.x.

> 	-mi

FreeBSD GNOME Team