Log of successful upgrade of GNOME 2.6.x to 2.8

Bob McDonald freebsd at dancingkayak.com
Mon Nov 29 12:29:31 PST 2004

Thanks for responding.  As I said in my original email, I did succeed in
upgrading.  I was able to resolve the problems I encountered and listed
on my original email, including the ones for which you provided
suggestions.  The steps I took to resolve them are included in the
upgrade log I posted to my web site, the URL or which appears in my
original email.

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 15:12 -0500, Michael Johnson wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2004, at 3:04 PM, Bob McDonald wrote:
>
> > I succeeded in upgrading GNOME from 2.6.x to 2.8.  I had some
> > difficulties, summarized as follows:
> >
> > - problems downloading the source for devel/desktop-file-utils-0.9
> > since
> > the primary site was being rebuilt and the Makefile for this port in my
> > ports tree didn't include the alternate site
>
> update your ports tree then.

I downloaded the file manually then resumed the process.

> > - x11-fm/nautilus2 failed to build due to an error detected by the
> > compiler in the source code: nautilus-image-properties-view.c:134:
> > macro
> > 'exif_content_get_value' used with too many (4) args
>
> you need to upgrade graphics/libexif and try again

Did this and that worked.

> > - www/mozilla failed to build due to "fetch: libart_lgpl.tar.bz2: local
> > modification time does not match remote"
>
> remove distfiles/libart_lgpl.tar.bz2 and try again

Did this and that got me past the problem.

--
Bob McDonald