Nautilus opens very slowly when downloading large ports

Jon Drews jon.drews at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 18:08:39 PST 2004

Thanks Joe:

  Since psosting this I had the opportunity to try Gnome 2.6.2 in
OpenBSD 3.6 here (this laptop is dual boot). I get a similar problem
there too but the lag is not as great. In contrast, if I Open Epiphany
or Nautilus in Xfce4, there is no appreciable lag.  I have looked at
the FAQ you mention and my hostname is properly tied to 127.0.0.1.  I
can ping it and it works reasonably well. I will keep looking this
matter as it is kind of an interesting problem to work on. Thanks for
the help though.

                                                   Kind regards,
                                                   Jonathan