problems with fresh gnome-2.8.1 installation

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Fri Nov 12 12:37:13 PST 2004

+----[ Michael Johnson <ahze at ahze.net> (12.Nov.2004 16:50):

| On Nov 12, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Fernan Aguero wrote:
|
| >Excuse me but ... what is marcuscom? a machine you test
| >gnome on? I mean not the building of gnome but actually
| >using it?
|
| http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html#q3

+----]

I see. Now regarding the recommendation to add things to
/etc/make.conf, are these flags safe to be used _globally_?

Would this affect building world, kernel and other ports?

Also, in the develfaq it is mentioned that Gnome has stable
and development versions ... what do these look like in
marcuscom? ports-stable and ports-experimental?

Now, I'd like to have evolution working (see my previous
post) ... is there any experimental work on this port? I
don't see anything in ports-experimental/mail ...

Thanks,

Fernan

--
Fernán Agüero | Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnológicas
email         | fernan at { iib.unsam.edu.ar , mail.retina.ar }