Want to play w/ Coaster? Here's a port of it.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Nov 12 01:52:56 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:28:37 +0100, Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger píše v pá 12. 11. 2004 v 03:23 -0600:
>
>> I don't know if I should put coaster in the ports tree yet, because
>> current it depends on nautilus-cd-burner for temporary and later the
>> author will switch back to libburn/libcoaster when those get stable with
>> the newer Linux kernel. I personal have no idea how will libburn will
>> work
>> with FreeBSD as I haven't done any of homework.
>
> So how does it work, internally? Does it have it's own writing code, or
> is it yet another frontend for cdrecord/growisofs?

I think, the screenshots answer to one of your question. ;-) As for own
writing code, it is using nautilus-cd-burner library. The orignal plan is
to use libburn from freedesktop.org. You should visit to its website.

http://www.coaster-burn.org/coaster-gui/screenshots.html

I never use cdrecord (but, only nautilus-cd-burner once a while) and never
use growisofs, so I can't really answer to your question. I only use
burncd and cdrdao pretty often in CLI.

What I like about Coaster is that it gives more option to control the
create image like disable Joliet and etc than what nautilus-cd-burner can
give. I think, Coaster is better than nautilus-cd-burner because I never
like how nautilus-cd-burner's UI works. Coaster and nautilus-cd-burner
still suck for me, they don't give me what I need/want.

Okay, this time I am going to bed for real... Nite!

FreeBSD GNOME Team