MIME-Types handlers for gnome

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at sw.ru
Wed Nov 10 23:02:25 PST 2004

В ср, 10/11/2004 в 15:10 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke пишет:
> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 14:53 +0300, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Have gnome tool/configurator for editing mime-types associations ?
> > I remember it had before, but can't find it now.
>
> It's gone in GNOME 2.8

oops ...

> > Practically I am interesting in attaching open-office document-types
> > may be somebody has proper definition files ?
>
> Right-click on an OpenOffice file, select Properties, then choose the
> default application which which to open the document.

Yes, it works somehow, but not in best way, no program title definition,
no icon for mime-type

Also binary name in "Open with ..."  menu not best idea, IMHO

like "Open in smath", when other (auth-installed applications has good
descriptions)

I guess it is possible to edit mime/type manually,
can you provide some hints ?

> > And also some small things like look to any text/* file with xemacs from
> > evolution, it does not works in evolution even if one configure
> > additional extension handler in nautilus.
>
> Same thing as above.

It is not possible from evolution :(
so I should save file first and then open properties with nautilus.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
SWsoft Inc. vova at sw-soft.com