ports/73685 - anyone interested?

Joe Kelsey joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us
Tue Nov 9 19:36:13 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 11:03 +0900, Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:
> Joe Kelsey wrote:
>
> >Yesterday, I submitted ports/73685 about problems with all *mm ports
> >(gtkmm, vfsmm, etc.)  I cannot finish my 2.8 upgrade due to inability to
> >compile these ports.
> >
> >This is a critical and high priority problem.
> >
> >The problem appears to relate to attempting to use g++34 to compile the
> >ports.  Should it really use g++34 on a 4.10 system?
> >
> >Anyone who has any ideas, please let me know.  I cannot think of where
> >to go from here.
> >

> Forgot to CC here. For anyone interested please see PR folowup.

The answer posted to the PR did not help in the slightest.

While waiting in vain for someone to help with this problem which has
bothered me for at least two weeks, I finally stumbled around with more
or less "random" attempts to solve the problem by working backward from
gtkmm until I finally did

portupgrade -f libsigc++

which actually ended up replacing three different versions of libsigc++,
including the miscompiled 2.0 version.

Of course the snide remark made in the PR about "use portupgrade" really
makes me mad because it simply indicates that the responder did not even
attempt to read the actual PR which clearly indicates use of
portupgrade.

Again, thanks for nothing.

/Joe