fixes and comments on the upgrade script procedure

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Tue Nov 9 18:52:41 PST 2004

+----[ Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com> (09.Nov.2004 22:42):

| On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:28:45PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
| > > Yes, but these flags would affect all the ports, wouldn't
| > > they? I've just listed openoffice-* in HOLD_PKGS based on
| > > the suggestion by Adam W.
| >
| > Yes, they would affect all ports, but I don't think adding openoffice-*
| > to HOLD_PKGS will help.  We run portupgrade -f, and that bypasses
| > HOLD_PKGS.
|
| I keep it somewhere else:
|
|   USE_PKGS_ONLY = [
|        '*openoffice*',
|   ]
|
| -Radek

+----]

And this one does fit the glove, doesn't it? I just checked
pkgtools.conf.sample and saw a significant
number of improvements and examples over my old
pkgtools.conf. This was just one of them. I just merged the
two files so I keep my settings and get the new examples and
comments ...

Thanks for the notice,

Fernan
--
Fernán Agüero | Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnológicas
email         | fernan at { iib.unsam.edu.ar , mail.retina.ar }