No URL underlining in gnome-terminal with a fresh install of 2.8?

Peter peter+freebsdgnome at gee.kz
Tue Nov 9 16:54:17 PST 2004

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of 2.8 on a 5.3-STABLE system built this morning, and I'm not seeing URL underlining in gnome-terminal any longer.

I deleted all packages from my system, and then fetched the new gnome-2.8 stuff from the tinderbox install on marcuscom.

I've reinstalled gnome-terminal, vte, and libgnome from sources, just to be sure.

I tried mucking with Applications|Desktop Preferences|Advanced|Preferred Applications, with no luck. I usually use "firefox -remote %s".

I dont see anything new in the preferences menus for gnome-terminal, either.

Am I missing something? Any pointers on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Peter