ports/66944: firefox 0.8_5 fails to open initial window.

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Fri May 21 07:24:30 PDT 2004

At Thu, 20 May 2004 11:43:14 -0700 (PDT),
marcus wrote:

> This bug is not reproduceable, and is most likely a local problem on your
> machine.
>
> First, remove /etc/libmap.conf.  It does not apply to 5.2.1-RELEASE.  Next,
> uninstall firefox, and remove /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox.  Then, rebuild firefox
> from ports with default CFLAGS (i.e. CFLAGS=-O -pipe).

Thanks for your prompt reply. I run under the debugger, did a
portupgrade of ORBit2, glib and gconf2. It now works swimmingly.

Is it possible a library dependancy needs to be added to the firefox
Makefile?  I confess not to really understanding what is going on
here with USE_GNOME and LIB_DEPENDS, but I did do a

	portupgrade -Rf firefox

which I would have thought would have done trick.  On the other hand,
maybe as you say it was just some wierd state my ports system got into.

bye

db