Problem with sound-juicer (maybe more than that)

Tom Parquette BCSFD204 at twcny.rr.com
Wed May 12 19:10:27 PDT 2004

Hi.
After my wife had a go around with an MP3 player, I started playing with
audio on my 5-C machine.
When I try to start Sound-juicer under Gnome2, I get the following:

Could not start Sound Juicer

Reason: The plugin necessary for CD access was not found.
Please consult the documentation for assistance.

This is a freshly upgraded machine and the Gnome 2.6 script just
finished tonight.  This problem was occurring before an after the upgrade.

FWIW, I tried just playing a ZZ Top CD using the
Applications>multimedia>CD player and all I got was a little message
stating "drive error".  Either the hardware/software does not like ZZ
Top ;-) or I may have something more fundemental wrong.

The CD drive is an HP 9100 burner that I know works for data.

I searched the mail archives.  What I got appeared to be unrelated hits.
TIA...