Firefox vs. mozilla

Franz Klammer klammer at webonaut.com
Wed May 12 03:37:49 PDT 2004

Joe Kelsey wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 10:46, Franz Klammer wrote:
>

>>for that issue i wrote me a small script (based on the code from the bottom
>>of /usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla). use it instead of the firebird command.
>>

>So, why doesn't this exist in the standard firefox?  Do the mozilla
>developers know and they don't want to do this?  Do we need to put a
>FreeBSD patch in the port?

good question ... don't know ... but i believe that the firebird
developer aware
of it and have a reason why they don't add it. the only way to find it
out is to
search the bugzilla database or open a bug if you find nothing.

i don't think it's a good idea to add a FreeBSD patch unless there are
OS-specific
problems to solve. in my opinion a better solution is to make this
script available
as separate port e.g.: www/firefox-remote.

of course - there are also the possibility to rename bin/firefox to
bin/firefox.sh
and install such a wrapper-script as bin/firefox

question to the list: should i make a port for www/firefox-remote or not?

franz.