Error while installing vim6.2

Yong-duk Jin neojyd at postech.ac.kr
Tue May 4 01:41:47 PDT 2004

I tried to install vim6.2 to fail with following errors
complaining about the version of glib. The version of glib
installed in my machine is 1.2.10 now.
I'm also appending config.log.
If anyone help me to install vim6.2, I'll appreciate it.

checking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes... none needed
checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
checking for glib-config... /usr/local/bin/glib12-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/local/bin/glib12-config
configure: error:
*** GLIB 1.2.8 or better is required. The latest version of GLIB
*** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12/work/gtk+-1.2.10/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).

*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12.

*** Error code 1