problem with gnomeprint-037_1

Thomas Welz thomas.welz at web.de
Sun May 2 14:21:35 PDT 2004

Hallo,
I use FreeBSD 4.9 stable (x86) with Gnome. The ports are current. I used
portupgrade today. My Printer is a Brother HL-5150D and I use ESP Pro.
The driver for the printer I installed with the original ppd file from
bother.
In some applications I can't choose the paper size for printing if I use
the cups driver. For example evolution, eog, gthumb2, gnome pdf viewer.
In gedit it's possible to choose. I#m able to start the print with this
configuration, but the printer doesnt print. It fails, because wrong
paper size. If I choose the generic postscript driver with lpr, I can
choose the paper size. But the print fails also because wrong paper
size.
What can I do?

best regards
Thomas Welz