GDM Weirdness

Jason Dusek jdusek at cs.uiowa.edu
Wed Mar 24 15:04:17 PST 2004

Hi All,

I have an interesting problem - I rebooted the machine after rebuilding
GNOME, and when I logged in through gdm I got the 'your session is not
installed on this machine' error.  However, you guys have already
answered that question:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2003-November/004020.html

So I did what it said there and then I found that users in wheel could
login, no problem - but users in other groups had all kinds of
problems.  So I destroyed all my low level users.  And then I put them
back in.  And now some of them work, and some of them don't.  Is there
some kind of 'rebuild user database' command that I should be running?

--
~*~* Jason