Gnomes in the Logo

Jason Dusek jdusek at cs.uiowa.edu
Wed Mar 24 00:06:47 PST 2004

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:52:34 -0600, Jason Dusek <jdusek at cs.uiowa.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Why can't I find any cute gnomes anywhere on the GNOME website?
>

> I see one.. http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/images/gnome.png
>
>> There should be more gnomes everywhere, I think - perhaps the logo of
>> the FreeBSD GNOME porters should be chuck and a gnome doing daemonic
>> stuff.
>

> Well, I dislike website with too many images but I do agree about
> create a new cool logo with daemon and GNOME together. How about you
> do the art work and give the image(s) to the GNOME team? We need
> someone who can take the action without just talk. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

I think that you will agree that this is only a gnome *foot* and not a
whole gnome.  Unfortunately there are no whole gnomes on the entire
gnome website -- apparently there was some damn contest and the foot
won!  Only feet!  So here is the first problem - should I dare to
introduce a new gnome, one with, say, a tinker's belt and an axe?
Wouldn't FSF come down on me like a ton of bricks?  I mean, if I'm going
to do this, I should do it right.  hmmmmmm

--
~*~* Jason