Mozilla crash and burn?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Tue Mar 23 07:01:57 PST 2004

Joe Marcus Clarke writes:

 > > Feel free to make suggestions. I keep the work directory of the port in
 > > case someone has a clever idea what to try next...
 >
 > Me, either.  Mozilla works just fine for me.  I've never seen any of the
 > crashes you describe.  The URLs you mentioned above work fine for me (I
 > go to GnomeDesktop a lot).  I'm running -CURRENT from yesterday with all
 > debugging disabled.  Perhaps this is something triggered by WITNESS...

WITNESS is is confined to the kernel, the only affect it could have
on a user binary would be to slow it down ;)

Since the problems involve threads and locking, is there any
chance that the people with problems are running mixed libc_r
and libpthread (aka KSE) binaries?  Has anybody tried globally
mapping libc_r to libpthread as suggested in the 20040303
entry of src/UPDATING?

Drew