gnome apps cannot find libraries

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Mar 22 22:33:33 PST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:45:17 +0100 (CET), Peter Ulrich Kruppa
<root at pukruppa.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:31:31 +0100 (CET), Peter Ulrich Kruppa
>> <root at pukruppa.de> wrote:
>>

>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Some gnome apps (galeon, epiphany, gnumeric, abiword) cannot
>> > find the required version of their libraries.
>> > Usual suspects are
>> > libgnomeui-2.so.*
>> > libgnome-2.so.*
>> > libpangoft-1.0.so.*
>> > libpangoxft-1.0.so.*
>> > libpango-1.0.so.*
>> >
>> > As soon as I manually set links to the latest versions things
>> > seem to work, but I guess this is not the genuine idea of
>> > portupgrade, isn't it?
>>
>> The question is how did you use portupgrade?
> # portupgrade -r pkgconfig
> (which used to work quite well since the invention of
>  marcusmerge)

When, the libraries version bump and above don't really work that well.
You need to force all apps that depend on libraries to be rebuild.
Current, I am running 'portupgrade -rf pkgconfig\*' (yes, will take long
time), which it usually work perfect on me so far in GNOME 2.5.x series.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.