mozilla silently failing?

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Mar 18 09:27:12 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 10:57, Mike Harding wrote:
> Another interesting thing - I moved my .mozilla file to a backup
> location and mozilla is working much better - yahoo, etc, other sites
> are fine, but www.memepool.com instantly crashes, and I think that
> site is about as simple as it gets - no flash or gifs even, just text
> and a favicon.ico.

This site works fine for me.  I imagine you have a font issue (bad font)
that's exposed with the new fontconfig.  Try creating a ~/.fonts.conf
with the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
        <match target="pattern" name="family">
                <test qual="any" name="family">
                        <string>Helvetica</string>