Phasing out GTK+ 1 (from the FreeBSD Status Report)

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 07:50:33 PST 2004

Quoth Scott Long on behalf of the FreeBSD GNOME Team:
>A complete GNOME Desktop and application environment can already be
>built using only GTK+ 2. The ultimate goal is to phase GTK+ 1 out of
>the ports tree.

[(10:44:02) apeiron at prophecy ~] pkg_info -rx enlightenment
Information for enlightenment-0.16.5_7:

Depends on:
[...]
Dependency: gtk-1.2.10_11
[...]

Does this mean that I won't be able to run E? I really, really like E,
and I've refused to upgrade to 0.16.6 because the port shows regressions
in features that I use every day (see ports/62547).

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).