Galeon2 crashing on startup

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Mar 12 14:34:10 PST 2004

> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
> Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:10:05 -0500
>
> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 18:05, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > > From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
> > > Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:47:30 -0500
> > >=20

> > > Check your /usr/X11R6/bin/galeon script, and look to see if your still
> > > doing an LD_PRELOAD for the old Flash plug-in wrapper.
>
> > Only the standard one that only sets the variable if the library is
> > found. I even deleted this, just to be sure.
>
> > Here is what is in my browser_plugins directory:
> > flashplayer.xpt         libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > libflashplayer.so       nppdf.so
>
> Try removing all plugins temporarily, and see if it starts.

No luck! And now my other CURRENT system, my laptop has started doing
the exact same thing. I've completely deleted the linuxpluginwrapper,
but it didn't help.

I do notice that I get the following message on my terminal when I start
galeon:
(galeon-bin:2133): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1294 (g_object_add_weak_pointer): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

This was with no plugins and the linuxpluginwrapper port deleted.

I will be leaving on travel Sunday and may not have much chance to try
things before Monday, so no need to rush any suggestions.

All ports are current as of yesterday morning.

Thanks,
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)