libxml2 and threads

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 11 14:26:24 PST 2004

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Threads are not just for developers.  Users that don't need PHP, or
> other non-threaded libxml2 consumers may want them.

Yes, you are right, what I means is that it should be clearer that
enabling threads in libxml2 can lead to problems regarding other ports.
Initially I thought to add a disclaimer in php, but it's not the only
port suffering this issue. This is why I think it should be added in the
libxml2 port (my previous patch surely was not the best, but it was only
an 'input' for a better comment). If you think the other ports should
deal with this issue, then I'll add a disclaimer to php.

--
Alex Dupre