nautilus 2.5 create documents bug

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 12:58:07 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:20:49 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 14:58, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:32:04 -0500, Brian Gruber
>> <lists at bgruber.isa-geek.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > I just recently upgraded my gnome to 2.6-beta1 (from 2.4.2).  I
>> noticed
>> > that if, in nautilus, I tell it to create a blank file (File->Create
>> > File->Empty Document), the new file's group is set to wheel, instead
>> of
>> > the user's default group.  Creating a new file out of a template is
>> > irrelevant, as that just copies to permissions settings of the
>> template
>> > file.  I'm not sure if this is a FreeBSD bug or a gnome bug.  Anyone
>> > else?
>>
>> How do I get more stuff in the list, so I can test to empty it?
>
> Open Nautilus, and go to Places->Templates.  Just add files there.

Yep, I get the same thing...

% ls -l new\ file
-rw-------  1 mezz  wheel  0 Mar 11 14:51 new file

I think, it might be more like GNOME bug? Have you (Brian) check in the
GNOME bugzilla yet? I think, you should go ahead report in GNOME bugzilla
if there doesn't has any same bug.

>> > I'm also having difficulty re-building a few applications (the build
>> > stops with a compiler error).  In some cases I am unsure if the
>> problem
>> > is connected to gnome 2.6 or if it's just the port's problem.  Has
>> > anyone been able to rebuild...
>> >
>> > gtk-send-pr,
>> > gnome-cups-manager,
>> > apotheke,
>> > velocity?
>>
>> I am not going to be surpised, because those apps need to update to
>> match
>> new GTK and GNOME API/ABI. If you need those apps real bad, go back to
>> GNOME 2.4.x and wait.
>
> GTK+-2.4 is ABI and API compatible with 2.0.  However, apps that define
> DISABLE_*_DEPRECATED may no longer work.  In those cases, you will have
> to remove those defines from the Makefiles/configure scripts, and they
> should build just fine.  If anyone produces patches for such apps,
> please send them.  We will need them for the release.

...and something like GTK_COMBO? or BOX? I don't remember..

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.