Review gstreamer{,-plugins} + libmpeg2 updates

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 8 17:03:18 PST 2004

Hi,

	Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org> prompted the update of
libmpeg2 port to version 0.4.0b
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/63439)

	The update went just fine so I began testing ports depending
on libmpeg2 to see if they worked fine with the new version.

	Well, gstreamer-plugins 0.6.4 broke but we were fortunate
that a service release 0.6.5 addresses the libmpeg2 issue. I built
the new gstreamer-plugin 0.6.5 just fine and took the liberty to
update gstreamer to 0.6.5 as well.

	gstreamer-player built just fine, plays avi/divx files BUT
it works weirdly with mpeg video files. Try playing one.

	1) The audio is out of sync and tempo
	2) No image

	It might be something simple. I'll have time again for this
tomorrow but you guys might have some solution before I do.

	Credits on these updates:

	- libmpeg2 to 0.4.0b from levi PR 63439 with small changes
	- Update both gstreamer{,-plugins} to 0.6.5 by lioux
	- Dependency fix in gstreamer-plugins from pseniura at techie.com
	  <pseniura at techie.com> PR 59230

	Anyway, gotta go. Please, let me know if you have better luck
at this.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature