Making and Installing Mono 0.30.1 on FreeBSD 5.1

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Mon Mar 8 09:11:19 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:30, Joseph A. Golkosky wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm just wondering why when doing the make, I'm getting the Unknown
> component pkgconfig message. I'm sure that pkgconfig is installed on my
> system, since I needed it to get mono 0.24 working. Is it possible that I
> need to update the pkgconfig port on my system?

Most likely you're not cvsup'ing ports-all (a big mistake), and you've
omitted post-base from your supfile.  I recommend doing ports-all
instead of listing out modules.

That said, mono doesn't work very well at all on FreeBSD, so you may not
get very far.  But if you're going to hack on the garbage collector and
fix mono on FreeBSD, great!  Good luck.

Joe