Gcompris2 dependencies

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 8 04:04:46 PST 2004

Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

>Hi :)
>
>I'm running Gcompris2 under FreeBSD-5.2.1 with kde-3.2.
>I was wondering why Gcompris had some many dependencies. Basically, I need to
>install almost a complete gnome desktop to be able to use this software
>(nautilus included !).
>The main reason for this seems to be the dependency on py-gnome2.
>I have a question: does it really needs py-gnome2 or py-gtk2 would work too ?

Antonie,

Here is a quote from gcompris configure.in:

REQUIRE_PYHTON=""
if test x$build_python_plugin = xno; then
  AC_MSG_NOTICE([Python plugin is disabled.])
else
  dnl Python interpreter is available so check for pygtk and gnome-python
  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PYGTK, pygtk-2.0 gnome-python-2.0)
  AC_SUBST(PYGTK_CFLAGS)
  AC_SUBST(PYGTK_LIBS)
  REQUIRE_PYTHON="python gnome-python gnome-python-canvas pygtk2.0"
fi

 From gnome@ side it's possible to add WITHOUT_PYTHON knob but my past
expirience says --without-python option is not yet well implemented in
gcompris. Built binary complains about missied python parts and crashes
sometimes. I'll add it when figure out what's going wrong or next
gcompris release will fix it itself.

All the best,
Alexander.