FireFox port freezes

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 21:46:58 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:44:45 -0500 (EST), Ed Ryan <epr at andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>   I just built the Mozilla FireFox port last night, but when I attempt to
> run the program, it freezes. I eventually have to kill the firefox-bin
> process. Here's the information requested in pkg-message:
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD aureliano 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #1: Fri Mar  5 23:20:35
> EST 2004     root at aureliano:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AURELIANO  i386
>
> Date/time stamp
>
> $FreeBSD: ports/www/firefox/Makefile,v 1.77 2004/02/13 20:12:09 marcus
> Exp
> $
>
> Problem occurs:
> When attempting to start FireFox
>
> How to reproduce:
> Problem occurs every time I attempt to run it.
>
> If you have any suggestions, I'd be most appreciative.

I don't have Firefox install at the moment, but can you tell us the more
details? Like which are you using libpthread (libkse), libc_r or libthr?
Can you show pkg_info? Do you have any plugins? Can you rebuild your
Firefox with the WITH_DEBUG define and send us back with the backtraces?
Be sure to update your ports tree first when you are going to rebuild
Firefox.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.