Building firefox with debugging support

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Mar 4 23:09:46 PST 2004

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 23:47:50 -0500, Tom McLaughlin
<tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Hey all, I've been running into problems with firefox hanging while
> resolving hosts on my 4.9 machine.  I'm trying to build a debugging
> image in order to obtain a stacktrace now for this.  I set DEBUG to yes
> using `make config' and have the following options in /etc/make.conf:
>
> CFLAGS= -O -g -pipe
> STRIP=
>
> When I run firefox with the -g option to launch it with gdb, gdb says
> there are no debugging symbols found.  I know I missed something...  But
> where?  Thanks.

Check in the Makefile:
============================
OPTIONS=	DEBUG "Build a debugging image" off \
		HEADERS "Install headers and IDL files" off \
		LOGGING "Enable additional log messages" off \
		OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS "Enable some additional optimizations" off \
		XFT "Enable support for anti-aliased fonts" on

You need to build with the WITH_DEBUG define to get Firefox builds with
the debug enable.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.