different xmodmap's used by xterm and gnome-terminal???

Peter Ulrich Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Wed Jun 30 21:07:21 PDT 2004

Hi!

I just ran into a strange issue regarding my keyboard settings:
All keys of my german 105 key-board work correctly in
gnome-terminal, but in an xterm I can't produce ^ (circumflex),
and ~ (tilde).
There are some more applications which show this behaviour, but I
guess xterm and gnome-terminal are the most common.

So my question is:
Do they use different xmodmaps or how can I make xterm use
gnome's settings?

BTW:	I am absolutely sure this didn't happen before I
 	installed xorg .

Regards and thanks,

Uli.