misc/68422: x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp fails to build from ports

John Merryweather Cooper johnmary at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 27 15:30:00 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 04:00:54PM +0000, Tim Hawkins wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/68422; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Tim Hawkins <tim at contentspace.demon.co.uk>
> To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, timh at contentspace.demon.co.uk
> Subject: Re: misc/68422: x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp fails to build from ports
> Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:00:58 +0100
>
>  mono version installed is 0.97, latest version in ports as per today

The x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp was tied to the previous version of lang/mono.  Both
lang/mono and x11-toolkits are intimately intertwined--and this is only likely to
get worse before it gets better.

Another problem is that the gtk/gnome libraries we have in the ports tree are
more advanced then the ones used as sources for the API extraction in the xml
files that gtk-sharp uses to generate C# code.  I'm re-hacking the xml to
match what we've got in the ports tree, but it's slow going because this portion
of gtk-sharp is particularly poorly documented.

Nevertheless, I'm working hard to get gtk-sharp 0.99 out just as soon as I have
a working gtk-sharp.

jmc