Is pan2 an orphaned port?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Thu Jun 24 05:54:00 PDT 2004

On 24-Jun-2004 Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> V èt, 24. 06. 2004 v 14:34, Conrad J. Sabatier pí¹e:
>
>> Just wondering, if no one is currently officially assigned to
>> maintain pan2, I'd be willing to take it on.  The latest version
>> on the website now is 0.14.2.91, which has been available for quite
>> some time now.
>>
>> Should I go ahead and have a go at submitting a port
>
> Pan2 is being actively maintained by FreeBSD/GNOME team.
> 0.14.2.91 is development release, we don't port development releases,
> only stable ones.

Ah, OK.  I wasn't sure if MAINTAINER=gnome at freebsd.org meant
that no one in particular was maintaining it or not.

Thanks for the clarification.

Incidentally, has any thought/discussion been given to including a
"gnome-devel" line of ports in the collection?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"