Problem building glib-2.0

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Mon Jun 21 10:56:27 PDT 2004

I have rebuilt 5.2-CURRENT from scratch, and am trying to upgrade my
GNOME software using the GNOME upgrade script.  devel/glib20 refuses
to build, and generates errors which the logalyzer script didn't find
any reason.  The error is a chronic error which resulted from my
recent rebuilt, and here's the salient bit:

configure:2639: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2642: cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lintl conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libiconv.so.3, needed by /usr/local/lib/libintl.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/local/lib/libintl.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_set_relocation_prefix'
/usr/local/lib/libintl.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
/usr/local/lib/libintl.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
/usr/local/lib/libintl.so: undefined reference to `libiconv'

This happens when I compile other things as well.  I have deinstalled
and reinstalled gettext and libiconv, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Do you have any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org