glib trouble

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Jun 20 15:18:54 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 13:53, Markus Hästbacka wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Tom McLaughlin wrote:
> > Hi Markus, list out your packages for us (ls /var/db/pkg/) and show us
> > your /etc/make.conf.  That'll halp us better.  Also, did you read the
> > note in ports/UPDATING on 20040531 once you updated from 5.8.2 to
> > 5.8.4?  Thanks.
> >
> /etc/make.conf:
> "
> CPUTYPE=p2
> PERL_VER=5.8.4
> PERL_VERSION=5.8.4
> PERL_ARCH=mach
> NOPERL=yo
> NO_PERL=yo
> NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo
> WITH_PERL=yes
> WITHOUT_X11=yes

You're defining the PERL variables...

> .undef PERL_VER
> .undef PERL_VERSION
> .undef PERL_ARCH
> .undef NOPERL
> .undef NO_PERL
> "

And now you're undefining them.  ;)

> ls /var/db/pkg/ as attachment.
>
> No, I don't tend to read ports/UPDATING. (I didn't even know there's
> something to read in there.)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>  	Markus

First off, force a pkg_delete of perl-5.6.1_15.  Second, remove all the
PERL options you have set in your /etc/make.conf, you can keep
WITH_PERL=yes though.  Next, possibly not necessary but just for good
measure, force a portupgrade of perl-5.8.4.  Now follow the instructions
in ports/UPDATING from 20040531.  The `use.perl port' step will setup
your PERL variables in /etc/make.conf and the last step will make sure
all ports dependant on perl are correctly using perl-5.8.4.  Once all
that is done and your perl installation is fixed, glib should compile
fine.

Tom