firefox - *** loading the extensions datasource

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Fri Jun 18 00:59:59 PDT 2004

OK,

So I have firefox working as root and it doesn't print anything when I
run it.

As my regular user, it print the

and then core dumps.  I think I have some old cruft somewhere, but I
can't find it.  I deleted everything in /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins
and I tried it from a new account that didn't have any gnome usage
before I tried to run firefox.  I get the same thing: message then core
dump.

Where could these extensions be and how can I purge them.  Also, why
would root not try to load them?

Sean