Hi! Broken build, x11-fonts/libXft

Daniel M. Kurry gh at over-yonder.net
Fri Jul 30 19:58:11 PDT 2004

Hello,

I tried to build x11-fonts/libXftt, but the 'make all' failed with this:

checking for freetype-config... freetype-config
checking for fontconfig >= 2.2... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
Package fontconfig was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
No package 'fontconfig' found

...because I don't have fontconfig installed. However, part of the appeal
of the FreeBSD ports system is that it tracks dependencies automatically.
Your port seems to be failing to do this despite the line:
LIB_DEPENDS=    fontconfig.1:${PORTSDIR}/x11-fonts/fontconfig

So, while I am working on getting around this problem, I have been
inconvenienced. If this is my fault, then, oops. But, really, shouldn't
this be handled automatically?

k thx bye
Dan