Gnome Applets Problem after switch to xorg server

Mike Harding mvh at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 24 08:56:20 PDT 2004

I had these same errors, I got rid of them by removing all of the
XFree86 stuff, moving /usr/X11R6 after checking the package directory
and removing any packages that were storing stuff in /usr/X11R6, and
rebuilding gnome with xorg overnight.  I am not saying that this is
the ideal way to deal with this, just that it's possible to get rid of
the error.

I did get some kind of 'kbd' or 'xkbd' related error on startup I will
check on later...

- Mike H.