converters/libiconv change request for net/samba3

NAKAJI Hiroyuki nakaji at tutrp.tut.ac.jp
Fri Jul 23 06:48:23 PDT 2004

Thank you very much. And I also have to appologize my claim based on
misunderstanding and misoperation. I'm sorry.

> Well. Don't get me wrong. All I said that current GNU libiconv's mbc ->
> wc conversion is correct and proposed hacks for yen and overline symbols
> are not. At the same time I confirmed a problem in cp932 roundtrip and
> promissed to commit patch for it only. Pehaps the only thing I guilty is
> a very big feedback timeout :-) Sorry.

Thanks. I myself am confused about the problem and I had
misunderstanding about their behavior. And, I have to be patient.

> Fyi. There is nothing wrong with samba[1], vim, whateverelse in the
> situation above. This is GNU libiconv design flaw if you wish. It's
> conversion based on mbc->wc->mbc transition. Terefore it is impossible
> to make a patch which will fix the situation for 100%.

I now understand about that, thank you.

> [1] I fact I didn't paid much attention to your samba configuration
> first time. Now I can say that you see excactly what supposed to be.

It is also pointed by Mr. Moriyama too. Yes, I was wrong in this
point, sorry.

> Please replace EUCJP-MS with EUCJP and you will be set. FYI. FreeBSD do
> not support EUCJP-MS and therefore either EUCJP-MS encoding will be
> added to GNU libiconv claiming that "unix charset = EUCJP-MS" is incorrect.

In this point, I was wrong. Sorry.

> Thanks for the cp932 patch I'll hope to be able to check it this weekends.

Good news. Thank you for your work and patience.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki