Crashes

Jesse van den Kieboom jesse at icecrew.nl
Fri Jul 23 05:22:29 PDT 2004

Hi, I just installed gnome2.6 and all its components from the ports
(actually ran the gnome_upgrade.sh script to upgrade from gnome 2.2 which
was installed from CD).

I got it running now, all my apps are the latest there are in the ports.
But I encountered a few problems:

Nautilus won't start under user perms:
When I try to run nautilus (it crashes on gnome start) it crashes. gdb
reports a problem in strchr?? which I don't understand. The funny thing is
that nautilus does work when I start it from a terminal as root.

Another things is that the gnome_segv program itself crashes, or at least
doesn't work properly as it will not show a dialog and after a while
reaches 100% CPU usage.

I did have a gnome-panel crash but it didn't happen now so I'll wait for
another crash.

I rebuild nautilus2 and gnomevfs2 by the way but that didn't fix anything.

Suggestions?

Jesse