gnome-settings-manager daemon quitting unexpectedly.

Joseph Peterson joseph.peterson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 11:12:23 PDT 2004

A little over a week ago I updated something and gnome stopped
working, at the same time gaim would core dump after about 30 seconds
- I got the gaim problem fixed by doing a portupgrade -fR gaim after
the new one was released yesterday morning, but after doing
portupgrades on both gnome and XFree86, I still have problems with
gnome and had to revert to fluxbox or ion as my windowmanager.
Can anyone give me an idea of where to look for clues as to why these
apps are quitting unexpectedly, and/or how to fix them? --Also,
"inform the developers" locks up...

Thanks!

-joe