Muine port

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jul 15 21:13:16 PDT 2004

Hi all, attached is port for the Muine audio player which is a Gnome app
using Mono.  I built this on -current and it works completely fine for
me.  If anyone is interested please take a look at this and let me know
if you have any problems with it so they can be fixed before the port is
submitted.

If you find you really like Muine and wish to maintain it, be my guest.
I will send-pr this with you as the maintainer.  While I don't mind
chasing versions and general toying with Muine to make sure it works as
best as possible, I don't feel comfortable being responsible for
architecture or FreeBSD specific breakage when I understand absolutely
nothing about the internals of the program.  (I am not a hacker, just a
hack. :)  If not I'll keep the port.

The port requires the latest version of gtk-sharp, 1.0_1, in order to
run.  Also, like the gtk-sharp port this port requires an update every
time glib library versions change.  This will be the same I'm betting
for most Mono based apps.  Is there possibly something that could be
done in bsd.gnome.mk to handle this?

Lastly, thank you John Cooper for getting mono and gtk-sharp in working
order.

Thanks,
Tom