(no subject)

Werner Lehmann elvis69 at arcor.de
Thu Jul 15 14:05:58 PDT 2004

Dear Sirs,

I  tried to install gnome 2.6 on a fresh Freebsd 5.2.1 installation with
no windowmanager installed using the "pkg_add  -r gnome2" -command as it
comes in your instructions, but what I got was gnome 2.4 and not gnome
2.6 as I expected. I could even see it during the download and
installation process, as only packages with a "2.4"-number were displayed.
I don't want to do an 2.4 to 2.6 upgrade using the upgrade script, as it
takes much to long, so I'd rather would like to do an installation using
packages.

I also ask myself  if it was possible for you to offer an ISO-Image file
for downloading and burning on CD containing al the necessary packages
an dependencies for installing the gnome 2.6 desktop without having an
internet connection established.

I would appreciate your help a lot, but please consider that I'm still a
newbie to freebsd.

Many thanks,

Werner Lehmann