abiword-plugins.....slave on editors/AbiWord2.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 20:24:15 PDT 2004

Hello,

Yesterday, I have started work more on it and I gave up on the slave
method. Because, it becomes pain in ass, hard to read and messy that I
don't like how I have done with it. The problem is that abiword have multi
of configure and Makefile, which made the slave port harder to write
(multi-WRKSRC) and will turn the main port into messy for like example
that they can't share the same port/files/patch-* and etc.

So far from what I can see is that... I only can do it by create a
seperate port without create a slave on editors/AbiWord2 and have
'MD5_FILE=${.CURDIR}/../AbiWord2' in abiword-plugins to share the same
distinfo.

If anyone still want to give slave method a shot w/ your skill logical,
just let me know and do it. If nobody want to work, then I will start work
on non-slave abiword-plugins port. This method, you will have to update
abiword-plugins at the same when editors/AbiWord2 update.

FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org